(1) News, Events, Interviews, Workshops, Classes, Exhibits, Products, Articles, Tutorials
Unexpected holiday gift: Sri Yantra art returns
The other day, I got a cardboard tube in the mail from long-time friend, fellow geometer, networker and entrepreneur, Asha Deliverance, of Pacific Domes. Asha has been a primary – and generous – host of a geometer’s study group in Ashland, Oregon that a handful of us started around 2007 which we whimsically call the “Hedronists.” When I opened the tube, I found a lovely 18″ diameter flexible magnetic Sri Yantra image, the circular center portion of the image above, which I was commissioned by Pacific Domes to make in Adobe Illustrator some years ago for ‘floor art’ for their new manufacturing facility. This classic mandala with it’s precise construction, in addition to considerable historical mystical lore, encodes a golden ratio triangle (1:Phi:Square Root of Phi triangle) within the mesmerizing inter-meshed triangles. There’s also even a massive 13 mile long ‘desert formation’ of this Sri Yantra shape that purportedly appeared in 1990 in eastern Oregon in a dry lake bed.
The other ‘back-story’ of now DOUBLE synchronicity, is that when I first replicated this design for the illustration on page 195 in Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook around 1997, I just happened to be listening to a favorite program, New Dimensions Radio, with hosts Michael & Justine Toms, one evening while replicating the construction using ClarisCAD on the (now-ancient) Mac I had at the time. Michael’s guest, whose name I’ve long forgotten, mentioned that all authentic replicas have a small gap between the inner and outer regions of the design to allow spirit symbolically to enter the design, so I made sure there is a very tiny gap on my version of it that appears on page 195 of Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook.
So while typing this bulletin this afternoon, I ‘just happened’ to be listening to a favorite metaphysical mentor, Kenneth Wapnick, who just left this world a couple days ago, and heard – no kidding! – “Leave an empty space,” (a suggestion to allow for spiritual guidance in our minds) within section 14.08 of his recorded lecture (in the Q&A section) of “Ideas Leave Not Their Source”. Too wild! 🙂
Thanks, Asha, for a thoughtful gift that triggers all sort of interesting interconnections! 🙂
Astronomical Geometry Calendars for 2014
The images above are colorized versions of 12 of the exquisite images in John Martineau’s “Little Book of Coincidence”, depicting the exquisite planetary mathematics exhibited in the orbital relationships of our solar system’s planets from Mercury to Neptune. Martineau’s astonishingly accurate 3-D models of our solar system inspired the calendar above, freshly updated for 2014… Here’s where you can learn more and order a copy of this astronomically astounding calendar, with the price reduced from last year as well.
(2) Websites, Books, Videos, Imagery, Music and Quotes
Here are a few websites and links of interest to sacred geometry enthusiasts:
- A Pinterest page about Universal Mathematics (looks like it might be from Walter Russell)
- … a spherical glass solar collector energy technology
- Dr. Quantum – Double Slit Experiment (a neat animated video about modern physics)
- I haven’t read it, but this book about “Love & Math” by Edward Frenkel looks interesting
- … speaking of Math wizardry, it looks like Stephen Wolfram has something big to announce
- Circles of Healing author Gwen Wendy Hammarstrom shares our mandala interest
- geometric snow art by Simon Beck
- Colleague Jonathan Quintin’s sacred geometry site, which I’ve mentioned before, has some nice images of DNA like the one below, showing the 34 to 21 Angstrom proportions of one complete spiral (helical) turn of a DNA molecule (which just happens to involve 2 Fibonacci numbers); not only does the Fibonacci Ratio engage DNA in the realm of sacred geometry, but the cross-section is a decagon (think of rotating two pentagons 180 degrees), and many of the chemical compounds attached to the helix are also pentagonal in geometry, so every cell of what we consider to be life biologically has this principle of interconnection metaphorically encoded within it.
(3) Request for Submissions
Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. I always enjoy connecting with both recent and long-time friends and colleagues and discovering new friends of friends :-)Thanks for your interest & support! 🙂 BTW, I always appreciate enthusiastic reviews on the Amazon SGDS book page, and the newer Amazon book page for The Geometry Code. It’s a good “win-win” way to cross-promote your work as well.
If you like to color with colored pencils (or other media), make 3-D fold-up geometric art, do stained glass, quilts, geometric arts and/or crafts, or just want an extensive reference/resource of geometric archetypes, patterns and essential line art, you might enjoy a copy of my first book, Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook: Universal Dimensional Patterns.
If your leanings are more metaphysical … and perhaps whimsical 🙂 … you might enjoy my second book, The Geometry Code: Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation. It was originally going to have geometry and Hermetic Laws/symbolism as a primary focus, but in 2007, a reawakened interest in the spiritual masterpiece, A Course In Miracles – thanks to Gary Renard – shifted the primary emphasis to an exploration of the two thought fundamental systems we all vacillate between, and how we can gradually shift our mind’s identity to the happy one.
PO Box 192, Castle Rock, Colorado 80104
author of The Geometry Code book; co-author of The Geometry Code screensaver
author of Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook
Free monthly email bulletin on sacred geometry and related subjects
You might also enjoy my blog which has lots of other fun and info in addition to these bulletins.