(1) News, Events, Interviews, Workshops, Classes, Exhibits, Products, Articles, Tutorials
After 400 years, mathematicians find a new class of solid shapes
This article explores Goldberg polyhedra: quasi-spherical polyhedra-like shapes (familiar to those who have explored geodesic domes, fullerenes, etc.) that add to the existing classes of Platonic, Archimedean and Kepler solids (which include rhombic polyhedra).
Astronomical Geometry Calendars for 2014
The images above are colorized versions of 12 of the exquisite images in John Martineau’s “Little Book of Coincidence”, depicting the exquisite planetary mathematics exhibited in the orbital relationships of our solar system’s planets from Mercury to Neptune. Martineau’s astonishingly accurate 3-D models of our solar system inspired the calendar above, freshly updated for 2014… Here’s where you can learn more and order a copy of this astronomically astounding calendar, with the price reduced from last year as well. There’s still about 5/6 of the year left. 🙂
(2) Websites, Books, Videos, Imagery, Music and Quotes
Here are a few websites and links of interest to sacred geometry enthusiasts:
- I’ve updated the Shelfari description/details of The Geometry Code: Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation here
- 4D Space-Time vortex around the earth? This video describes Einstein’s theory validated by NASA’s gravity probe B.
- 2 stacked, diagonally folded squares make an interesting “Evolution Door”
- David Wilcock touches on some interesting and familiar geometric themes including fractals in these articles from 21Dec2012 and 7Feb2014
- An neat page/spreadsheet on the Geometric Construction of Square Roots
- An interesting video which discusses frequency, geometry, time and the number 432
(3) Request for Submissions
Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. I always enjoy connecting with both recent and long-time friends and colleagues and discovering new friends of friends :-)Thanks for your interest & support! 🙂 BTW, I always appreciate enthusiastic reviews on the Amazon SGDS book page, and the newer Amazon book page for The Geometry Code. It’s a good “win-win” way to cross-promote your work as well.
If you like to color with colored pencils (or other media), make 3-D fold-up geometric art, do stained glass, quilts, geometric arts and/or crafts, or just want an extensive reference/resource of geometric archetypes, patterns and essential line art, you might enjoy a copy of my first book, Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook: Universal Dimensional Patterns.
If your leanings are more metaphysical … and perhaps whimsical 🙂 … you might enjoy my second book, The Geometry Code: Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation. It was originally going to have geometry and Hermetic Laws/symbolism as a primary focus, but in 2007, a reawakened interest in the spiritual masterpiece, A Course In Miracles – thanks to Gary Renard – shifted the primary emphasis to an exploration of the two thought fundamental systems we all vacillate between, and how we can gradually shift our mind’s identity to the happy one.
PO Box 192, Castle Rock, Colorado 80104
author of The Geometry Code book; co-author of The Geometry Code screensaver
author of Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook
Free monthly email bulletin on sacred geometry and related subjects
You might also enjoy my blog which has lots of other fun and info in addition to these bulletins.