Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook introduces the ancient art and science of Sacred Geometry – the easy way: whole brain play and creative exploration. This 256 page, 8.5 by 11 inch, spiral bound (for easy photocopying) book is a reference of full page line art graphic images and ready-to-use templates. In addition to a large collection of 2-dimensional patterns, a coloring book for kids of all ages, there are 27 3-dimensional fold-up patterns for creating exquisite shapes. These patterns and designs have been revered by pioneers and geniuses through the ages in painting, sculpture, architecture, physics, botany, materials science, crystallography and many more arts and sciences. There is a brief introductory section on the philosophical perspective of universal proportions and symbols. The book also has extensive tables, Web links and a bibliography for those whose curiosity has been sparked by the hands-on, experiential majority of the book; a reference for serious students of geometry.
SACRED GEOMETRY DESIGN SOURCEBOOK (SGDS)
UNIVERSAL DIMENSIONAL PATTERNS by Bruce A. Rawles
You can order SGDS directly here … or
for detailed ordering information about the
English or German versions of the book and related topics, visit our
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page
LEARN SACRED GEOMETRY HANDS-ON!
You have timeless wisdom within you and all around you … symbolized by geometric forms. This book introduces the ancient art and science of Sacred Geometry … the easy way.
This initial book offering from Elysian Publishing is the Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook, a 256 page, 8 1/2 by 11 inch work consisting of 221 full page black and white line art graphic images. The ready-to-use templates teach by whole brain play and creative exploration. The book also has over 1300 smaller images surrounding the central full page image on each page. These provide examples of the countless variations that may be skillfully employed by the creative explorer of this art form and science.
In addition to a large collection of 2-dimensional patterns, a coloring book for kids of all ages, there are 27 3-dimensional fold-up patterns which make it easier than ever before to create exquisite shapes revered by pioneers such as Plato, Pythagoras, and Leonardo daVinci. There is a brief introductory section on the philosophical perspective of universal proportions and symbols. The book also has extensive tables, World Wide Web links and bibliographic references for those whose interest and curiosity has been sparked by the hands-on, experiential majority of the book. It is a reference for serious students of geometry and its omnipresent purpose.
A few low-resolution (gif) examples from the 1300+ high-resolution images in the book are on my Sacred Geometry Home Page
Here are some sample pages from the book:
- A fractal of twelve touching circles rotated around a center point… (the image on your monitor will be 72dpi, although the images in the book are much higher resolution 300dpi)
- a fold up pattern for making scale replicas of the Great Pyramid at Giza, Egypt
- a fold up pattern for the merkaba star tetrahedron shape with a smaller one-page variation, and some 19.5 degree latitude point examples on planet Earth …
- a fold up pattern for making the Kepler-Poinsot solid known as the Great Dodecahedron)
Here is more detailed information about page-specific contents in the book which may be useful for both future and current owners of the book.
Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook contains:
- Concise explanations of the symbolic and philosophic fundamentals of sacred geometry and proportions which appear throughout our Universe from atoms to galaxies; traverse the footsteps of pioneers from Pythagoras to daVinci
- Complete set of 2-dimensional grid tessellation space-filling patterns with numerous variation examples
- Complete set of 3-dimensional fold-up templates (also knowns as nets) for the classic polyhedra; Platonic, Archimedean and Kepler-Poinsot solids … and more. Add scissors and tape and you have a whole gallery of wonderful shapes
- Hundreds of other classic and new images for creative uses; see list below…
- Extensive charts, tables, bibliography and WWW links for further journeys of the mind.
Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook has a wide appeal from A to Z for those involved in:
- Crafts, Creativity
- Design, Decoration
- Education, Embroidery, Engineering
- Fine art, Faux Finishes
- Glass work, stained glass
- Home schooling, Home building, architecture
- Intaglio, Inlaid intricacies
- Kids, coloring and activity books
- Landscaping and gardening patterns
- Math and geometry students and hobbyists
- Nature appreciation, Neoplatonic research
- Papier Mache
- Quilting, weaving
- Renovations, Remodeling, Recreation
- Seasonal gift ideas (e.g. holiday ornaments)
- Tiles and mosaics, textiles, fabric design
- Unique patterns, one-of-a-kind images
- Video imagery and multimedia projects, logos
- Wallpaper patterns, WWW graphic designs
- X-ray diffraction analysis
- Yet other possibilities
- Zoomorphic patterns (such as diatoms)
Here is a sampling of the praise for Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook.
For air mail or international orders or details on shipping, and a list of Frequently Asked Questions, or any other method of ordering, click here.
Here is info on a German version of the book, Mandalas der Heiligen Geometrie, available direct from the German Publisher, Silberscnur Verlag. The hardbound German edition (expertly translated by René Coudris a.k.a. Jay Goldner) includes extra foldup Platonic polyhedra printed on heavy colored cardboard (in addition to the foldup patterns included as part of the book itself) that can make a mobile for hanging from the ceiling, which is what I was doing with my cardboard polyhedra models in the early 1970s.