- Fractal Art: Last weekend I met a local fractal artist (Kevin Square) at a nearby crafts festival showing prints of his creativity; here’s a page with some of his work. The image above is his work entitled “Winterwoods”
- Here’s a video conversation (with some familiar names – with a hint of one of the names above 🙂 – from the world of sacred geometry) about support for the idea that our planet’s geometry (spheroidal) may be hollow, and lots of other exotic info; thanks to Barbara R. for this link.
- in case anyone noticed a ‘hiccup’ in the availability of my 2nd book (TGC: The Geometry Code:
Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation) this past few days, it was offline (from it’s usual Amazon listing via CreateSpace) for about a day while I submitted a new interior, with the only substantive changes being: 1) a change of postal address (from Castle Rock, Colorado to Yachats, Oregon) and 2) replacing a redundant quote with another non-redundant one… Trivia Quiz: Who knows which quote was duplicated in the prior printings of TGC? Unless you have ordered a copy of the book in the last week or so, you’ll have the version that has one of the block quotes duplicated somewhere in the book. Contact me if you know where it is if you’re inspired (and I’ll confirm) or if you have anything that you would like to share on GeometryCode.com!
- Last, but not least for this post, here’s a video with some nice rotating polyhedra sculptures by colleague, Gregory Hoag of I-Connect (formerly Metaforms). The image below is a metal sculpture of a small stellated dodecahedron (one of many that Hoag has available for sale).
A few quick – and interesting! – links to share:
- Growing Nanotube Forests … this ubiquitous geometric archetype known to many as the “Seed of Life” makes an appearance on a microscopic scale
- 432octaves: Benjamin Joshua addresses quite a few topics here: art, music & a synthesis of ongoing research into the many realms of Music & Music Theory, Sacred Geometry, Golden Proportion, Mathematics, Frequency & Vibration, The Harmony Of The Spheres, Cymatics, 432Hz Family, The Sumerian Cyclical Tuning System, Outer Space, Astronomy, Etymology, Pharmacology, Symbolism, Alchemy, Sound Healing, Geodetics, Metallurgy, Agriculture, Architecture, World Religions, Technology, Ethnomusicology, Megalithic Sites, Meditation, Magnetism, Ancient Cultures, Pendulums, Guitar
- Ma Sonic? Joe Dubs has a neat graphic on his FaceBook page on “Decoding the Musical Symbolism”
- I’ve probably mentioned this one before, but the implications bear re-examination … What if our life here is virtual reality? Life in a Computer-Simulated Matrix
- In case you missed them: GeometryCode Favorites – Favorite sacred-geometry and interconnectedness-related Movies, Books, Music, Software, and much more…
- Thanks to fellow geometers Asha Deliverance (of Pacific Domes) and for the photos of these big geometric lanterns by Hybycozo – a Dodecahedron (Platonic Solid) and Small Rhombicosidodecahedron (Archimedean Solid), respectively – photographed in San Francisco, and these related links (thanks to Ed Kellogg): Temporary Sculptures Light Up Hayes Valley and Illuminate SF – Trillian+DODI
Thanks to Ed Kellogg for this interesting video link (Times Tables, Mandelbrot and the Heart of Mathematics by Mathologer) and his comments: “This looks like a real treasure trove to me! And not just Mathologer – looks like a lot of other mathematicians or mathematics enthusiasts have put up some great videos since the last time I checked out this area on YouTube! Visually entertaining and illuminating videos illustrating mathematical concepts and processes used to seem almost as rare as hens teeth – nice to see how much that situation has improved.” … I agree, Ed… Looks like I’ll want to spend more time exploring more of his – and related – videos! 🙂
In this audio recording, Dave Cohen (a.k.a. Davie Crockett), and Bruce Rawles continue their ongoing conversation about the mystical underpinnings of sacred geometry. We spoke about how everything is either sacred … or profane … depending on which thought system – inclusion … or exclusion – we identify with and gave numerous examples, again referring to the Greek philosopher, Plato, who maintained that symbols (including geometric examples in 3 dimensions for which he is justly famous for) are not the same as the ideas they represent.
This conversation was recorded on Sunday, 18 December 2016, on his LA Talk Radio show.
Thanks again to David Cohen for his continued support and enthusiasm for this work and inviting me on his radio program numerous times over the past 2 years. David and I recently concluded a 10-session series of conversations (1 per chapter) talking about the “7 Hermetic Laws” highlighted in the book The Geometry Code: Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation.