(1) News, Events, Interviews, Workshops, Classes, Exhibits, Products, Articles, Tutorials
Article: Physicists discover ‘clearest evidence yet’ that the Universe is a hologram
Here’s an interesting article that suggests “the three dimensions we perceive are actually just ‘painted’ onto the cosmological horizon.” … It’s always fun to see physics confirm what contemporary non-dual metaphysics – and undoubtedly countless other mystical teachings – have been informing us all along. This is a helpful reminder of the realization that shook the scientific community not too many decades ago when luminaries like Einstein, Bohr, Planck and other met in Copenhagen; their work evolved into the quantum physics we know today … but we all conveniently forget the foundational premise of this ‘new paradigm’ which suggests that the mechanism painting on the cosmological horizon – the primary agency responsible for our material world isn’t material at all. It …. is our mind! 🙂
Martineau Solar System Geometries art exhibit still in Castle Rock, CO
An exhibit of all 12 of my “Martineau Solar System” series framed giclées prints, plus 24 framed acrylic, collage and mixed media art images by Nancy Bolton-Rawles are STILL on display until (about) June 16, 2014 at the Philip S. Miller Public Library, 100 S. Wilcox St., Castle Rock, Colorado 80104 during regular library hours. This is the first public exhibit for either of us since we moved to Colorado almost 3 years ago… You can find upcoming, ongoing and past exhibits, classes and other events here. LOTS more details about the individual images are in last month’s bulletin. Enjoy! 🙂
(2) Websites, Books, Videos, Imagery, Music and Quotes
- Timely art news: Colleague VanDorn Hinnant has a new sculpture featuring stacked tetrahedra, with this commentary: “Many of you know that my designs for sculptures to commemorate the 1913 merger of the cities of Salem and Winston have been selected for the city’s first public art commission. Most do not know that the title I chose for the sculptures was inspired by Maya Angelou’s poem titled “Still I Rise”. When I first read the RFP (request for proposals) that the City of Winston-Salem published last year a poem immediately began to emerge. About six weeks ago I was driving to work at Diggs Gallery and a truck passed me with the words on the vehicle “Twin City Sprinklers” and the idea came to me to invite Dr Angelou to co-write the poem with me to commemorate the merger of the two cities. Since beginning this poem I have continued to receive occasional inspirations and added them to the draft. Upon hearing of Dr Angelou’s passing, several new lines for the poem came to me. The two sculpture designs depicted in the photos of the half-sized models below are fast approaching completion, and the bases are ready to be fabricated. Here’s a link where you can assist with your support for this work.
- Mark Lundin’s interactive 3D online Rubik’s cube; thanks to colleague Liberty McGeo of SunWheel Productions for pointing this out via a post on her FB page.
- A giant Flower of Life pattern made on a beach in Santa Cruz, Calif.
- An upcoming sacred geometry workshop in Barcelona and Madrid, Spain by Dr. Santiago Cordoba Rojas
(3) Request for Submissions
Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and LinkedIn. I always enjoy connecting with both recent and long-time friends and colleagues and discovering new friends of friends :-)Thanks for your interest & support! 🙂 BTW, I always appreciate enthusiastic reviews on the Amazon SGDS book page, and the newer Amazon book page for The Geometry Code. It’s a good “win-win” way to cross-promote your work as well.
If you like to color with colored pencils (or other media), make 3-D fold-up geometric art, do stained glass, quilts, geometric arts and/or crafts, or just want an extensive reference/resource of geometric archetypes, patterns and essential line art, you might enjoy a copy of my first book, Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook: Universal Dimensional Patterns.
If your leanings are more metaphysical … and perhaps whimsical 🙂 … you might enjoy my second book, The Geometry Code: Universal Symbolic Mirrors of Natural Laws Within Us; Friendly Reminders of Inclusion to Forgive the Dreamer of Separation. It was originally going to have geometry and Hermetic Laws/symbolism as a primary focus, but in 2007, a reawakened interest in the spiritual masterpiece, A Course In Miracles – thanks to Gary Renard – shifted the primary emphasis to an exploration of the two thought fundamental systems we all vacillate between, and how we can gradually shift our mind’s identity to the happy one.
PO Box 192, Castle Rock, Colorado 80104
author of The Geometry Code book; co-author of The Geometry Code screensaver
author of Sacred Geometry Design Sourcebook
Free monthly email bulletin on sacred geometry and related subjects
You might also enjoy my blog which has lots of other fun and info in addition to these bulletins.